View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I agree with Fallsrider. My 2010 Nissan Pathfinder has a 600 pound capacity for tongue weight. It did just OK in my opinion. In my desire to avoid a WDH, I decided to go with Airlift 1000 bags and that really did the trick. When I hitch up now, the back of the SUV only sinks a bit.

I can't imagine what it would be like with a TV that has only 350-400 pounds capacity with or without a WDH.

No don't you all hammer me on how well your minivan does just fine, good for you and I'm glad it works for you. I have to deal with hills and mountains and going up hill, I am glad my TV has 6000 pounds pulling capacity. When I go down the hill, I am glad for the 600 pounds tongue weight capacity and my Airlift bags.

In the end, I never felt like I had lots and lots of excess capacity with this vehicle. I do however feel thankful I have a little margin in my towing capacity.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote