View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:15 PM   #5
BobRederick

TucsonCarol

This is Bob of Mesa. I bought the 3326K in Indiana and towed it home with an GMC Envoy I6. This puts out 250 HP and has variable valves to do that. The only mountains I climbed were Winslow - Payson - Phoenix. On that route, I was able to easily hold 50 mph min limited by the RPM I wanted the engine to turn in 2nd gear. I believe it was about 4000. I am very happy. You will be more heavy than I fully loaded. Our TM was new and we haven't had time to put in the "fixins" for extended stays. Lowest milage was about 14MPG and highest was 17+. According to the charts and recommendations I have seen, the Envoy wheelbase is insufficient to safely tow the 3326K. I don't have any problem with it, but did get the anti sway attachment for my hitch.

I had a V6 Chevy S-10 Blazer before that put out 140 HP. They have upped the power from them, but I don't think it would be up to pulling the 3326K. That's a lot fewer horsies. I was pulling a large Coleman at the time, empty weight 1700#. As mentioned before, the wheelbase is shorter as well.