View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 10:09 AM   #6
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
True. I figure one simple word won't hurt, and the TM is a short trailer. If I surveyed the site correctly, the only word I should hear is GOOD, and then we're done. If there is any further discussion beyond STOP or GOOD, I get out so we can talk. In fact, I don't even usually need the "GOOD" because I can see how far back I'm going. My spotter is mainly for anything that wanders into the site while I'm backing up.

I only had trouble backing into one spot, and there was no real communication necessary because I was not in danger of obstructions. What got me was I was trying to shift the trailer over by a couple of feet because I had it parked too close to one side. I gave up trying to shift it over and pulled out and re-backed in properly.

My Dad had a neat trick to put a few cones on the ground and follow the inside trailer wheel along the cones. While I never used cones, having a target for the inside turning wheel on the trailer helps a lot.
It sounds like you are an experienced "Backer-Inner". My OP was for the newbs! LOL
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote