View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 04:47 PM   #3
2619PDX

Default Re: Horrible Walk Through

WOW! Where did you buy this unit??? Yikes!
I have a 2619 like Texas. First, you have ONE (1) 20 gallon freshwater tank. It is located under the dinette in my model. The fill tube is located outside, just above the CITY WATER Connection port. (This is the one with the garden hose connection on it...)

Next, the refrig is 3-way. When travelling, turn the small control knob (on mine, it's at the very top of the fridge...) to DC, and don't forget to turn on the refridge fan. This switch is located above the kitchen cabinets next to the fridge. It helps circulate air when in DC mode to promote more efficient cooling.

As to the recirc toilet. YES it is a recirculating toilet. I think that most of us fill it, (prime it) using the shower nozzle. Fill it to the first line on the left - Yellow I believe - Charge line. That will put approximately 3 gallons of water in the toilet.

Remember to hold the black flush switch down approximately 5 seconds. This ensures a good flush and keeps the fuse from blowing on the switch. Good practice anyway.

The white lever on the bottom of the toilet is the internal dump valve. Personally, I keep mine closed until I'm ready to dump. When I dump, I open this valve and then go outside and open the black dump gate valve located toward the innermost part of the trailer directly ahead of you. Once that is dumped, to clean the hose, I then close the black gate valve and open the Grey water gate valve which is located just to the right side of you directly in front. This rinses out the hose from your black water dump. Once you've dumped, you can go in and close the inside bathroom dump valve (White valve at base of toilet) and can clean and re-charge the unit.

My family of three can go 3 days using this potty full time.

You also have a hot water heater switch which is run on LP - don't forget to turn on the LP tank up front. To turn it on, locate the left hand most switch below the sink, just above the cabinet doors and turn it on. It should automatically start for you.

Hey! Good luck. Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask any of us!!

Enjoy!

Gregg in Portland