View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 02:25 PM   #28
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
Per this picture, the WildKat has TWO sets of jumpers. One sliding jumper chooses Lithium versus non-Lithium. When Lithium is not selected, the second pair of pins labeled "H4" becomes significant:
  • With no jumper attached (pins are disconnected), FLA charging applies - with anti-sulfation cycles.
  • When a jumper is pressed to connect the pins (as I have done), GEL charging applies - with no anti-sulfation cycles.

This 2-pin header may be removed in newer models, but it was definitely present in the WildKat (and it's corresponding Board generation of PD models). If it's still like mine, then the Rep was wrong, perhaps confused by your question concerning "AGM", rather than "GEL".
Thanks, Rick, this is interesting. The charge voltage parameters of at least the lead acid profile is exactly as what is described at the BestConverter.com site listing for this same model:

https://www.bestconverter.com/PD-463...l#.Ye8XFP7MK70

14.4v bulk, 13.6v absorption, 13.2v float, with equalization/desulfation for 15 min every 21 hours (not 24) at 14.4v.

Also on that page they show pictures of the PC board of that model, focusing on only one jumper, which selects between 2 charging profiles: flooded lead acid/AGM and lithium. Nothing for gel, and no indication the desulfation charge can be disabled either on that website or in the product manual.

They do still sell the Wildkat models, but it looks like the PC board is exactly the same as the 4600-series, as described above. And it appears they may only be sold in 55 amp versions, which is too high for me.
https://www.bestconverter.com/PD-465...l#.Ye8Y8_7MK73

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote