View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
P and B

Default Rain and Windows

I find that the rain almost always blows into one side of the TM. If I'm in the trailer, I usually open the front and back louvers and then selectively open windows on the side where the rain isn't coming in. That said, windows in general need some design help. Not just trailer windows but also the ones I have in my house. I've seen far superior designs in Europe than even our high end window folks here have (Like Anderson and Pella).

My issue with the TM windows is that you can't pull the screens out to clean them. That goes double for the ridiculous windows they put in the overhead caps in the roof. The one with the motorized fan I replaced the screen with one of those removable round ones but it's really hard to clean the fan blades. It would be nice if they could have made it to come apart.

If you get crud between the screen and the window, like I have, you can get at it with a really thin plastic comb. If you pull the debris up with the comb and then blow it outside, you can get them pretty clean but what a hassle.

The solution to the rain problem (to a degree) is to put a couple of windows in that push out from the bottom instead of sliding in the vertical plane. I'm not sure anyone makes something like that though that's flush enough for the shells to slide together.

The TM is an interesting beast for sure. I'm very happy that TM is back in business. By and large, I'm impressed with the TM design. I've been living in mine for over two months now and, besides the door which I think everyone knows is a kind of design issue for something like this, the TM design is pretty tight.

Phil