View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #25
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxjere View Post
Help! We are fairly new at this trailering thing. We are trying to get the weights needed to determine if we need a WDH. We went to CAT Scales in our town (Knoxville, TN) a couple of months ago, but failed to get one important weight. We did not get the front axle of the TV, rear axle of the TV and trailer axle. We hitched up again yesterday and went back to get these weights. We were told that our trailer is not long enough and that they can only weigh our vehicle (one weight) and the trailer. We called today to clarify what we needed and were told that "if they couldn't do it yesterday, we can't do it today": Called a second CAT scale and were told the same thing. It seems others have been able to get these three weights. What are we doing wrong? We have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2006 2720. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jere & Paula

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/Tow package
2006 TM 2720.
For those TM owners that don’t have a CAT scale place handy - I sure don’t. I called (Pioneer Landscaping materials) which is 10 minutes from my home and asked them if I took my trailer over would they weight it, they said yes for $5.00. I think that is fair. I am sure most people here have a local stone/gravel place local. They have to do weight on deliverers and those trucks are very large. Hope this helps. I really have to get this done, just so I know and not guessing.

Dave