View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 11:26 AM   #6
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephene1219 View Post
I apologize about the comment on the location of the hot water heater. You are correct it is under the sink. I all my reading I just got the fresh water tank and the HW heater mixed up in my post.

I turned on the rocker switch but the red light never comes on. I have turned it on and off a number of times and no red light. So, I guess that means it is not igniting. How do I fix? The electric side works fine. But since most of my camping is boondocking, I will be using gas most of the time.

I am just used to having very detailed instructions. This is my third RV and I guess I was frustrated with just having high level info.

I do have another issue regarding water pressure. Using city water I filled and bled all the water lines. The kitchen sink has great pressure and when you turn on the cold and then the hot you get increased water flow. I n the bathroom for both the sink and the shower, there is only a small portion of the pressure at the kitchen sink. Also when you turn on the cold and then the hot there is no difference in the water flow.
How long do you leave the rocker switch in the "ON" position? I believe the red light comes on when the gas heater is on. Also, the automatic ignition type does require electricity to work, so it will need at least the 12V system connected and working. On mine, the red light doesn't come on right away, but comes on a few moments after turning the switch on.

As I understand it, the first time lighting the gas heater will require a number of tries. It has a system lockout so that if the burner doesn't light the first time, it locks out. You have to turn the switch off for at least 5 seconds then retry. This is to purge the air from the lines.

Perhaps you can go the the side, open the access plate to the hot water heater and sniff the area when some one turns the switch on. If you smell gas, you know that you are getting gas to the heater.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote