View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 08:51 AM   #13
live4fun

Well, here's what I have. I intentionally cut the batteries into the foam part of the flooring since the original battery has done so, used the battery covers to secure the units in tight, and I filled a large depression in the floor which I used for one battery. So the batteries were separated for that reason, and it would be a big job to undo at this time.

So I ran equal lengths of 21" 2/0 cable from each battery terminal to the appropriate distribution hub connector as shown. ( because originally I hadn't considered the microwave connection and thought I'd go with a small 300-500W inverter for small loads.

With that being said, I'm not sure where that leaves me.

1. I could go back and install the 300w inverter and leave out the microwave at this time which would be easy.
2. Redo the battery mounts close together with 1/0 wire.

I appreciate all the information. Can you tell me what if a 300W inverter is as largest device my system can tolerate without changing any conductors? Or are there any other improvements that I can do without moving the battery units to increase the amperage output until some future time?

Let me know what you think. Imam very grateful for the support and advice. Kurt
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote