View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 08:35 AM   #4
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

Removing 120# from the tongue of our 2720 and moving it to the rear had me concerned about tongue weight, but I wanted to increase our battery capacity and have a LiFePO4 battery string. So I ended up adding an additional batter string in the rear compartment without eliminating the FLA's on the tongue.

I had already upgraded the Power Center to a PD4645 with boost charging so I use it, and manual battery switches, to charge both battery strings. Only one string or the other can be charged at a time and it does place the burden on me to handle the manual switching, but it works great. I have 412Ah of Lithium in the rear compartment along with the two GC2s on the tongue.

All of the battery management is in the rear compartment along with the lithium batteries. This keeps them hidden from site in a lockable compartment with decoy Lead Acids in the front that actually add to my capacity.

Solar and an inverter will be added this year and it will likely be necessary to tie them both to just the Lithium string but that is ok with me.
jagizzi is online now   Reply With Quote