Thread: I'm in!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 10:42 AM   #17
Twinkee75

Default Just an update...still waiting. Sigh.

So just an update to my post, still waiting. Sigh.

As I was driving up to get it, about an hour and half into my drive, the dealer called to inform me that the trailer was not winterized prior to shipping and, due to that, the water heater and water line froze and broke the water heater. Things happen. Better they break it than me, cheaper for me that way. Ha ha. I still continued my trip up to look at it overall and to complete the financing, but during my walkthrough I discovered it did not include the specs I ordered. So, the dealer also had to reno the bathroom (wanted the recirculating toilet, not cassette) and fix the busted water system. That day was not meant for me to have a trailer. That's ok. As excited as I was to get it, it gave me more time to prepare. I am a bit nervous about calibrating the brake controller. I read in the instructions that I am to hook up, drive 25 mph and then adjust until the trailer brakes lock up them dial it back "a titch"..... Oh my. I am having visions of sliding right off the icy road doing that. I am sure I am over dramatizing this. Always the case when one hasn't done something before.

Regardless...Tomorrow is the day! I will post pics when I get it back home safely and have a chance to play with it a bit. I swear, amazon is loving me right now as I have bought everything from bedding to wheel covers to tank treatments.... I have banned myself from any further purchases until I have the trailer in my possession. ha ha.
Twinkee75 is offline   Reply With Quote