View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 01:50 PM   #13
live4fun

Default Ordering the Solar Equipment

Okay, I’m ready to purchase my equipment for this TM solar install. I appreciate all the dialogue and I’ve incorporated most of it into my decision. I’ll put my solar equipment list below, and still have a couple undecided components. This reply is a request to give me some advice on the actual equipment that folks have installed. Thanks for helping for helping me out again. Kurt

1. Three ~22”x40” monocrystalline or flexible 100w panels- I heard folks say Renogy mono & flex, Windynation flex and HQST. I’m edging towards the flex panels since at least 1/2 of you have had good luck with them and ease of mounting, but the framed panels are okay too.

2. 12AWG wire in conduit from panels to controller in wiremold conduit down the lift arm. Use wiring provided by Controller to battery. I’ll mount this controller probably on the outside for heat dissipation and reducing clutter inside the compartment like Wavery. Do I need a fuse somewhere here?

3. 30A (40A?) 150v Solar Charge controller with Bluetooth. Victron ?, Renogy Rover?, Epever (not sure if they have BT).

4. Anything else I’m missing in this parts list.
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote