View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 09:31 AM   #12
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Wavery- If you REALLY wanna get nuts, dig out the floor in the bathroom and build a tank that is recessed into the floor. Probably have to add some support underneath but that shouldn’t be too hard since the frame rail is right there. That could probably net you an additional 8 gallons or so.
That thought has crossed my mind. I wouldn't mind lowering the toilet seat to about 20 1/2" instead of 22 1/2". That would net me about 19" x 19.5" x 10.5" high for the tank + 12.5" for the toilet. Finished height, for the toilet seat would be 20.5". My wife is sort of short on one end.

That would give us about 17G of holding tank. That would last us 7 days, easily. I just haven't been out there to really survey the area yet.

The black tank in our Class A motorhome was 65G, which is ridiculous. We have gone 2-weeks without dumping and never used anything close to 1/2 tank. Then I had to rinse the tank several times to clean it out and it took 8 minutes of filling the tank with fresh water for each dump. What a PITA that was.