View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #1
mmayville

Default Air conditioner leak

Has anyone had a leak from the front vents of the A/C from the condenser? I checked my A/C install and it seems that the top channel where the bolt holes are drilled to mount the A/C fills with water and instead of running out from under the A/C onto the roof it leaks inside the unit from the vents. I have tried to adjust the level of the unit to stop the leak but it moves the leak from one side of the front vent to the other side. Unless I put the unit in to one heck of a lean the water continues to leak. I adjusted the unit nose high and stopped the leak and it runs down the side of the door and does not leak inside. But if I adjust the unit back to level the inside leak starts again. I did notice that the drain rail for the water on top of the unit near the A/C is slightly leaning downward towards the A/C unit which will cause the A/C unit to leak inside. But there has to be a way to shim the top mount from the inside to raise the channel back up for the air to drain outside again. I have chiseled out a 1 1/2 deep section below the mount and put in a 1x2 to support the air conditioning unit but is does not seem to be enough to raise the edge of the drain channel to allow the air conditioner to drain outside. I am open to any fixes, suggestions.

Mike

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote