View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
wwjam

Thought I'd pass this along to anyone who is interested.

We bought a book called "How to Select, Inspect, and Buy an RV" written by JD Gallant. It has a photo, and a page written about a 1983 "telescoping trailer." The name is not mentioned but it's a TrailManor.

A few quotes from this book:

"With prices approximately 30% higher than for trailer coaches of comparible size, telescoping trailers are being bypassed by new buyers. I am totally amazed at how few people can see the safety in lower profiles."

"Because a preconceived notion gives them the wrong message, every day people risk their lives pulling larger trailers than their tow vehicle can handle. I believe however that the telescoping trailer is the trailer of the furture."

"With the strong and lightweight construciton techniques already available, telescoping trailers should be as durable and trouble free as good trailer coaches and fifth wheels."

"Because many telescoping trailer owners enjoy the RVing expeirence they move up to larger 5th wheels or motor homes. This leaves used trailers available if one is willing to search them out."