View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Thanks, Chris.

Rick, while Chris works on the FAQ, let's review the situation. BTW, I personally cannot log on as a Registered Guest, so I can't confirm what a Registered Guest can do. If any Reg Guest sees a difference between reality and my impressions as laid out below, please let me know by Private Message, and I will fix it.

My impressions are:

(1.) As a GUEST, I can read (but cannot post in) several forums. The forums that I can read include:
  • TM Reference Library (TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else).
  • Prospective Owner Questions (1 forum)
  • General Discussion area (5 of the 9 forums located there)
  • Buy/sell (all 5 of the forums located there)
  • Forum info (all 3 of the forums located there)
The FAQ is correct here, although it needs to define what constitutes the "Guest Area".

(2.) As a REGISTERED GUEST, I believe I can see all of the same forums, and I can post in some of them - perhaps only to Prospective Owner Questions? The FAQ is unclear here, too - where can a Reg Guest submit a post?

Here is the biggie! As a Guest or Registered Guest, I cannot read (or even see) the Technical Discussion area - 12 very valuable forums, dedicated to specific areas such as Plumbing, Appliances, Solar Power, and so forth! I don't even know that these forums exist! The FAQ should point this out, for benefit of people who aren't sure about taking the next step.

(3.) If I take the next step and sign up as a TRIAL MEMBER (free), I get full access, read and post, to everything. A taste of the good life, if you will, but only for 30 days. If I don't like the good life, I revert to Registered Guest, and full access goes away. The FAQ is correct about this.

(4.) If I like the good life and sign up as a SPONSOR, I can see all forums and I can post to all of them, for a year. The FAQ is correct here, too.

Is this all correct? I think so.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote