Thread: Door Jam Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 04:42 PM   #6
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Interesting thoughts. We are talking about the lower half of the Dutch door, right? Since both the lower door and the lower door jambs are mounted on (attached to) the lower box, and none of them is mounted on a shell, I'm not clear on how adjusting either shell would help the situation. I'll give it some thought.

Bill
Because if the shell is sitting too low it makes it really hard to fully engage the lock pins on the door jambs into the clips, which outs the jambs at odd angles instead of perpendicular to the lower box wall, and makes the door pretty much impossible to align correctly.

Heck I’d even say make sure your pocket stops are set correctly so the upper shells open to the correct spot, which allows the upper door and previously mentioned lock pin clips be in the correct positions.

I had door issues the first bunch of years I owned my 3226. Had to hip check the door to open it from inside, and closing it was a total PITA. It was due to the roof sagging, pushing the walls outward at the top, causing alignment issues. Door opens and closes like butter as long as the camper is level.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote