Thread: 2720SL or 3023
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
jniles

Default Re:2720SL or 3023

The 2720SL will have horizontally mounted propane bottles and the 3023 will have the vertical mounts which are little a bit easier to service. The larger wheels and increased capacity of the 3023 is a great advantage but you have to make trade offs that fit your needs not mine. There is a lip (small step down, or is it up) in front of the couch (the floor of the slide) which makes chairs facing the sofa a few inches lower, not a problem unless you spend a lot of time using both sides of the table or negotiating with North Koreans. Our kids and grand kids are always there playing board games in the late evenings. The front bed becomes a play ground for the littles guys and everyone tolerates it. We do not use the TV often and never in the back bedroom therefore the front bed can be handy for lounging around watching a movie, along with the two sofas. These are most of the reasons we chose the 3023 style floorplan (with two sofas) over the SL type but that is our life style. The SL units are great and really beautiful. The new 3023 I saw in dealer stock 2 weeks ago had the 2 sofas and that may be standard now, I don't know for sure. The factory web site is getting out of date their floorplan shows 2 chairs and the pic shows two sofas. Be sure you know for sure what you are getting if you have to order something.