View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

As is shown in my signature, and mentioned in my previous reply, I just took delivery of a brand new 2417KD. I assure you it does not have any particle board in it.

As for the poor workmanship, well, that does happen. Mine was a much better build than the first new one I bought two years ago. Why the one you are looking at is a bad build, I can't say. I don't know when it was built, but maybe, just maybe, it was one of the first of the models off the line. Still working out some kinks, maybe.

How about, if you decide you want one, order one directly from the factory, with the clearly-stated reason being that the one you viewed at the dealer was poorly constructed. Make sure that the statement is on the order that goes to the factory. I have communicated with Cleo, and have spoken to Bob in person (the owners), and I assure you they don't want poorly-constructed units leaving the factory. They will make sure your unit is built with proper attention to detail. I would hope that all units are built with proper attention to detail, but apparently not.

Don't bail on TM after looking at one or two units. Most are very-well built. And, don't worry about offending any of us with comments about quality. We understand not every unit is built the same, and we are here to answer questions and recount our experience with the units and the factory.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote