View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #7
Tampajohn

One of the things I like about the TM is the construction. We have an 04 that I bought and the roof was leaking. If it would have been a wood floor construction, it would have been completely rotted. I have thought about buying an Elkmont since I know the construction of a TM. I have been to the factory and they are so diligent in trying to make things right. We have owned other campers and I will never buy one with a wood floor. If you store one with a wood floor, you might be surprised how much damage can be done in such a short time from a leak that you were unaware. Yes, I know they are a bit more pricy, but find a used one. Any camper needs upkeep and maintenance. We have been in this unit for four months while visiting kids. Only thing I have done is repair the wall on the bathroom that pulled loose. Took me about an hour. I also took off the hubs to check brakes and wheel bearings, but they were fine. Maybe we also have learned to live with life's imperfections. Anyway best of luck finding the camper that is right for you.