View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I don't believe you saw particle board. They use a foam core for all walls, floor, bathroom wall, dinette table, and more. I know about the dinette table, as I cut the leaf in mine in half, to make a shorter leaf. While the ends of the leaf and table joint appear to be particle board, they are in fact, foam.

If the bathroom walls were particle board, they would be much heavier. I will venture to say that no new TM has particle board in it. If you were looking at a used unit, there is no telling what someone may have done to the bathroom wall. They will break if someone sits on them (further indication they are not particle board), and if that happened, a previous owner could have disassembled the old wall, and put particle board inside the old material. Very hard, as they are laminated, but possible, I suppose.

I have purchased two new TM units in the last two years. The first had a couple of manufacturing flaws that the dealer remedied, but the one I just took delivery of only had a couple dabs of caulking out of place. The rest was well-build, and clean. Not at all what I would call "shoddy workmanship". I do think the factory is constantly striving to improve workmanship, and fit-and-finish. I am surprised you felt the units you looked at were shoddy. Again, though, were they new, or used?
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote