View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnlorrie View Post
Visited the local TM dealer this weekend and was quite disappointed. Fit, finish, and workmanship on the TMs was lower than any other product on the lot (and it was a HUGE lot). Also, the Trailmanor website, on the Construction tab states: We don't use particle board or chipboard anywhere in the trailer.
The bathroom walls were particle board (the staples used to fasten the hinges (unacceptable) had pulled out, exposing the inner construction.
Looking into the support tracks for the beds one could easily see the bed platforms were chip board.
I was really pumped about this design, but it looks like something put together in someone's backyard, and poorly at that.
Many here are very happy with their units. Were the earlier builds of higher quality?
As others have said here already, the TM is not for everyone. I've owned 2 of them in the last 15 years and felt the overall construction was satisfactory for what it is. Not for what it is not! I'm not aware of any "chip board" in the trailer in new models. I'm not aware of any "particle board" in new models. It would be interesting to know what year model you inspected. The aluminum and foam walls, floor and roof are built to industry standards.

The TM is a lightweight folding camper that reduces drag, sway, fuel mileage, and in most cases, off property storage fees. If that is what your looking for, buy a well kept, maintained, clean unit and enjoy it.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote