View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
Dchisenh

Hi pjnlorrie,

I noticed your join date was back in June 2013, so even though this is your first post, I doubt you're just trying to rile folks up. I was wondering what year/model you were looking at? I've got to agree with Redtail Cruiser, there's things about trailmanors some won't like and there are things about other campers that rub other folks the wrong way too. Everyone has their reasons why they buy the camper they do, for me it was the gas mileage, ease of towing, cost (I bought used), amenities (solid walls vs popups, bathroom, etc), and ironically in light of your post, build quality. I felt that the regular wood/particleboard campers I looked at were really cheaply put together and a lot had water damage, squishy spots in the floor and gave me nightmares thinking about termites here in Louisiana! I was more impressed with the aluminum/foam construction in the few TMs I could find. While my TM is still new to me, I absolutely love it and find that the more I use it, the more I find design "quirks" that make me realize, "huh, so THAT'S why that thing is there!". Anyway, good luck in your camper research and go with your gut, if a camper doesn't feel right to you, don't buy it!

-Dan

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
w/tow package, Tekonsha Prodigy P2, and
Pro Series RB3 Weight Distribution System
Round Bar - 10,000 lbs GTW, 750 lbs TW
Dchisenh is offline   Reply With Quote