View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 04:21 AM   #4
dcrdark
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Need to have better support for stove/oven

When I was putting the stove back in place, I notice that something was missing in the front. We bought the TM used and thought it was susposed to be like that. Anyway, I did put a piece of poplar in the front. What I did to beef up the area was to remove the shelf under the stove. On the left side I took 3/4" plywood and ran it from the underside of the counter all the way to the floor. On the right side. I didn't want to take the cabinet apart so, where the drawer and the cabinet door is, I took some pieces of 3/4" plywood and glued and screwed them between the cabnet supports on the wall next to the stove. This gave me something more substantial to screw the the stove to. Since I did this, I was able to make supports for the bottom of the stove as well. At first the back of the stove was not supported and I think because of the bouncing the bakc of the stove started to rock and once the rocking started it couldn't stop. Anyway, after all this rambling, I still would like to see the stove supported better in the future.

Dave
dcrdark is offline   Reply With Quote