View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 06:31 AM   #2
stormpeakco

Default Tow Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIvisuals View Post
Hi there. I don't currently own a TrailManor but I've been eyeing them for years. I love that they're small to tow yet spacious when opened up. At any rate, I bought a new 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for the gas economy since it's a daily driver for us. The tow rating is only #3500. My thoughts were that some of the smaller TrailManor trailers were under #3000 that I'd be able to tow one with that vehicle. Now I know that I'll get a ton of different responses to this question but I was wondering if this is really realistic or not. I'm hoping that I'd be able to enjoy pulling a 2720SD as I've got a line on a nice used one but I'm worried that my vehicle wouldn't be enough.

The specs on the 2017 Highlander Hybrid are:
Towing capacity: 3,500 lbs
Gross vehicle weight rating: 6,260 lbs
Horsepower: 306 hp

Thanks for any help you folks can bring my way!
... seems likely near/OR below the margin that most TMOs would comfortably want to attempt for any significant distance (IMO)....but you're right you'll be receiving a number of opinions from some of the more experienced.

additional info. that may be helpful:
'17 THH equipped a tow package?
terrain/altitude where you wish to tow your future TM?
what model TM are you considering (even sans liquids, it doesn't take all that many dry essentials for the weight to add up in both the TM + TV)?
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote