View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #21
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
That is the compressor that I have been looking at. It is very frequently mentioned at RV.net forums.

I need two 12 volt compressors. I already have a very tiny one that I can keep in the ATV, which only needs 7 psi and it can handle the motorcycles that need about 20 psi.

I want one for the 75 psi I use in the trucks, and the 50 in the TM.

I may order it tonight. Thanks for reminding me about it.
Be sure to read the "Customer Reviews" :
http://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV5...DateDescending

The one annoying thing about this compressor is that the "Screw on" tire valve stem attachment is permanently installed on the hose. A lot of people have re-threaded the compressor head and installed a 1/4" NPT air fitting so that a standard quick coupler can be used and interchangeable tools can be put on the hose. As it is now, it is set up with that screw-on valve stem fitting and that's all that the compressor can be used for. Sort of a dumb design flaw but it is easily fixed.

The air hose is 16' long but I think that I will replace it with a 25' air hose when I install a new quick coupler fitting in the head. Some people moan about the 10' length of the power cord. If you want to make it longer, you would need to replace the entire cord with one of heavier gage wire. Not worth it IMO.

Some of the reviews talk about it being DOA. I think that most of those people don't realize that there is a water-proof switch on the back of the motor. It just looks like a little, flat, square, black piece of rubber. You have to push it to turn on the compressor. There are no markings on or around it. It took me awhile to figure it out.