View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoll01 View Post
I'll admit I was scared to death leaving on a weeklong trip with my Honda Odyssey pulling our 2720sl, I have read all of the horror stories on here and on the Odyssey forum about Tranny problems, etc. Long story short it did awesome, the mountains slowed us down some but for the most part it did great, just had to watch the rpm's to ensure the torque converter didn't stay locked in, etc. other than that, no searching for gears and the v6 felt really strong. We averaged 18.06 mpg for the trip, I think around 15.5 towing average and this wasn't at all flat it was a ton of up's and downs from Louisville, KY to the mountains for Western NC.
I went and looked at a new cars last week, and decided that even if transmissions might turn out to be expensive for somebody, they are a whole lot cheaper than new tow vehicles! The parts I like best in your story are the 18.6mpg for the total trip, and that you are taking it easy when towing.

Most of our TV horror stories are written by people without firsthand knowledge of the events or vehicles in question. Maybe it doesn't mean that we don't have our own horror stories, it just means that we'd much rather talk about somebody else's .
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote