View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 04:42 PM   #17
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjburton View Post
A lot of great suggestions. However, for my sanity, which would have me wondering if it's going to get wet, or if I installed it well enough to hold, and not putting holes in my roof and dealing with more things to caulk, I think I'd rather buy a more compact one even if it cost more.
It does appear very water tight. The only thing I've read is that you should install with wires pointing down to keep water from possibly running down the wires into the unit.
Unfortunately, my low profile a/c really has nowhere else to mount this thing. It really is very tight in there.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
These boxes are made for exactly what you want to do and trust me..... 3M VHB double sided tape is far stronger than screwing it down to the roof. I (and many others) have my solar panels attached to the roof with that tape and never heard of an issue. If you ever want to remove the box, you simply slide a razor knife under the box, slicing the tape. The residue comes off with a plastic razor blade without scratching the roof.

https://www.amazon.com/Zulkit-Dustpr...1zcF9tdGY&th=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3655.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	5.46 MB
ID:	22260