View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It is true that http://www.videosystemsbyjim.com/ looks like a pretty amateurish page. One of the ways you can tell is by the fact that he discloses his supplier! What he is selling is the Digital Micro Ag-Cam, and you can see the product on the manufacturer's page at www.agcam.com. This is a more professional page, with a lot more info given. If you are thinking of a camera, check out this page. I was impressed.

The mfr's page does not give prices, though, since apparently you cannot order directly from them (they work only through their dealers). As a price check, I always find it fun to check eBay. In this case, do an ebay search for "agcam". Wow! These things are expensive! Makes Jim look pretty good.

Apparently the camera itsaelf can be bought for $81, but that doesn't help much because it transmits in the standard 2.4 GHz band, and so a standard TV receiver won't work. You need to buy at least the camera and the receiver. But the camera is VERY weatherproof, and apparently pretty rugged. Hmmm. I need to think about this.

I'm a little confused by P and J's reference to Sharpvision - I need to go back and check that.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote