View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I think part of the asking price for used TM's is what is owed on the finance note. Unfortunately, many young owners are financing the max with little to no down payment. Travel trailers are notorious for losing their value very quickly and the new owner may be upside down in the first two years. Sellers are hoping to get at least break even on the deal. I purchased my 2002 last year. The seller was asking $8k. I offered a thousand less and bought it. NADA suggests the unit is worth only $4-5k? I felt then and now it was a good deal for me. That's the only thing that matters...to me, the unit is worth $10k to me but no one is going to pay that much for a 10 year old unit. I paid cash so its mine for life. At some point, an RV, in good shape, will stabilize in value and hold that value for many years as long as the critical components are working like AC, Refer, Furnace, WH, awning, axles, and no leaks. You add up the electrical or gas components alone to replace and you would spend several thousand dollars. The value of ownership to camp with family and friends in places that allow you to connect with nature is Priceless!!!!

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote