View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
rlawton

Default Thanks for the encouragement.

I have always wanted a TM and plan to go and buy it tomorrow. I own a Honda Ridgeline rated for 5000 pounds so this should be perfect. Getting my wife on board will be the hard part so I hope I can get rid of the smell.

This lot has a lot of old campers, some of them in pretty rough shape. I believe the owner goes to auctions, buys them and sells them as is. She doesn't advertise and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know Trailmanor trailers.

She told me that she winterized the trailer last year when she got it and thus knows that the water systems work. Frankly, I am new to travel trailers and wouldn't know what to do anyway.

I am hoping to find something my wife and I can do together since we are now "empty nestors" with both our children at Syracuse University. I am an avid sailor and my wife will not cruise on my boat.

This is a picture of my boat anchored out in Lake Huron in Canada where my son and I cruise every summer for a couple weeks. The cabin is quite small so the TM seems palatial in comparison. I also enjoy kayaking so my plan is to bring the kayaks and use the TM as a base station.

rlawton is offline   Reply With Quote