View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
b&pcamping

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlawton View Post
and she will show me most of the systems (air, refrigerator, microwave) but not the water systems, which she said worked when she bought it.

The problem that concerns me most is someone put moth balls in it and it has a smell. I don't think the mattress or the cushions smell but I do plan to wash the cushion fabric and curtains and replace the foam if I have to. My wife is very sensitive to smells so I have to get rid of the smell or I'll be camping alone.
One of the things I like the most about the TM is the aluminum walls which are very easy to clean. If someone put moth balls in the trailer I'm guessing it's because it was going to be stored for a long period and perhaps someplace were bugs were a concern, but cleaning most surfaces should be easy. I bought some cedar closet liners at Home Depot and lined the wardrobe closet and drawers plus the floor of the storage under the dinette. Since we keep our linens and blankets stored in the TM year round it's a more pleasant aroma than moth balls Do you know if the previous owner had pets? The carpet looks to be in good shape from the photos but you might want to replace that, or the smell could also be from the toilet. There are many posts on this site talking about the recirculating toilet and ways to avoid its smells. Why won’t they show you the water system? I’d ask if you could bring along some water to put into the tank so you can see if the system works. At the very least you’ll know what you’re up against with potential added costs related to that. What you’ve got going in your favor is the going in cost.

I have to agree with Binnster for $6,900 a little elbow grease and no out of pocket $ you could resell it and make a few hundred I'm guessing that the RV lot doesn't know much about TM; is that right?

Good Luck with your research. I hope you'll be joining the ranks of TM owners soon.