View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
grakin

RVs of any type are poor investments - they lose value, and you can buy a lot of hotel rooms for the cost of an RV (unless you use it a *lot* and don't camp at pay campgrounds).

Personally, if you are planning on using it for recreation, I'd pick the RV that fits your lifestyle the best. Pick one that you won't be afraid of using (TMs do pretty good here - it doesn't take a lot of extra gas to drive them, so you will be less hesitant to take it somewhere than a huge class A motor home).

All that said, I think TM is in an excellent market - a fuel efficient RV. It's competition is things like A-liners, pop-ups, and HiLos. Even among these, it can compete quite well on its merits.

As for your questions, I plan on being able to get parts for a long time - even when RVs were selling quicker, TM was always a bit better at supporting owners than most. I don't see this changing.

As for resale value, and what I would sell it for, I don't plan on selling the unit. I intend to keep it about 10 years total, I'm on my second year now.