View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #26
lnussbau

I know one gentleman who traded his TM for a Grand Surveyor because of reduced ability to lift. He was no longer able to lift the cabinet from the floor and hook it over the sink -- of course other things were increasingly difficult for him, too. He says he regrets not being able to continue with the TM.

As for me, I've had my 2720SL for a little over a year, and it's about as ideal as I could ask for. It sat in my garage from December to late March, simply because the many, many feet of snow we got gave me no room to get it outside (of course camping areas weren't very accessible, either).

I've been to several state parks, both with and without Trailblazers rallies, I used it last year for the ham radio field day in a farm yard, and it's now spent a week at Scout camp in each of two successive years. The ease of towing with my Sport Trac is a major factor, of course, but all the amenities, the decent construction, the inside space available, the ease of winterizing (4 drains, open faucets, a touch of antifreeze and you're done), and the unique curb appeal are additional factors.

I actually had a gentleman ask about the TM when I stopped in an Interstate rest area (gave him a brochure, too, of course), and another at Scout camp, along with inquiries at every state park -- demos were fun, too.

We've stayed in the TM through fairly strong winds, heavy rain, even hail, and nary a drop of water got in unless we had a door open, or the wrong window open (of course it can get noisy, but...).

And the queen size bed is good, with a 2" memory foam pad on it (folds easily, stores on the front couch for travel -- just a few moments to move it).

It would be nice to have a full size refrigerator, lots and lots of cabinets, "basement" storage and much more, but a Class A or 5th wheel just aren't in the cards, and they have their own drawbacks.

As to getting another one -- not unless I wanted a bigger one. This one is doing fine, and should last me for years. Still, if it came up missing or severely damaged, I'd probably get another 2720SL, though I'd have to consider going to a larger version.

Oh, yes -- The Car Show, the dealer in Colorado Springs, is good and they know the TMs well.