View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
tangell

Buying a camper is definitely a personal choice based on many factors such as lifestyle, price, etc. I am an avid camper from way back. My wife loves it as well. For most of my life it has been tents and backpacking. I moved up to a Coleman popup several years ago which I kept for three years. I loved my popup, but like many others I decided I wanted some amenties found in travel trailers such as hard walls, a real bathroom, etc. I also was tired of having to re-open my popup after taking it down in the rain. I discovered the TrailManor which I thought would be a great compromise between a popup and travel trailer, and I thought the concept was really cool. I did a lot of research and poured through this forum before purchasing an '06 2720SL last Sep. Since then I have gone on six trips over 20 nights and over 2000 miles. The positives: the TM tows awesome, sets up quickly compared to a popup, has a lot more storage space than you would think, has a functional bathroom, and the bed is quite comfortable and cozy. The negatives: the quality of a TM is subpar when you spend $24K+ for a new one. The TM is very small inside. My wife and I couldn't get out of each other's way sometimes. The toilet capacity is very small compared to your average TT, and it's not very enjoyable to take a shower in there.

The TrailManor is great for folks that have towing and storage limitations. Since I have neither I decided to take the beating and trade my TM in on a Flagstaff Shamrock 232 which is 23" long with a slideout dinette. Even with the beating I took, it was still a happy day when I towed my Shamrock home. I'm sure I will have a few punch list items to take care of, but I don't expect to find my stovetop (not stove cover) lying on the floor every time I get back from a trip.

I appreciate all your help whenever I had a TM question and keep on camping.

See ya..