View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 07:42 AM   #22
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

TM has always been the only one for us.

- Our "community" does not allow RVs outside, so it's got to fit in the garage or we pay around $150 a month for outside storage.

- We looked at HiLo:

Did not care for any of their bathroom designs. Even the one model with the bathroom in back gave me a sense that it was a little too public. The walls are more like curtains. TM's bathroom wins out.

The models that fits in a 20' garage, 17' & 19', don't have beds and are smaller than TMs 2619 & 2720 series. There is nothing else out there that gives you the square footage and still fits in a garage.

HiLo is a lot heavier than a TM.

- If I factor in the cost of storage for a regular TT ($150 a month), a TM is really low cost while offering quality that is comparable or better than most TTs.

- Add the additional cost of fuel when towing a heavier or regular TT

- Lastly, I discovered I can get into (and out) of places that would be impossible to access with an equivalent size TT. *

* Which reminds me of our surprise last year when doing a little sight seeing with our TM in tow. Who'd a thunk that "Loop Road" is a dead end!! And one that dead ends with water on two sides and thick brush on the other.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote