View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Things to consider.

If you get a motorhome, you will still have to tow something, a small auto to get around So. Cal. If Popbeavers assumption is right, that you will park and remain in the same place for long stretches, his conclusion MAY also be right. Have you got specific models of either the TM or motorhome in mind? The costs here vary wildly depending on what you have in mind.

I chose the TM for a number of reasons, easy towing, light weight, even cuteness factor. The final reason to buy it was that it just felt like home. Many on this forum spend months at a time in their TMs but most of them are traveling and camping, not parked and sight seeing.

We have a 3326KS and absolutely love it. However, if I had a ton of money we would also own a small motorhome. The TM is great for camping, there is no place I have wanted to go that we can't get to with it, but I covet a motorhome when we are just pulling to a city and parking (visiting the family for example, or a So. Cal. theme park run). In that senario you won't be seeking the view or getting up before dawn to catch a glimpse of a rare bird or sneaking off to a favorite fishing hole. IF that's the case, a motorhome may give you a bigger shower, an easier bed to make and get into, a bigger air conditioner and the ease of just parking it and going into town (after you struggle with unhooking the towed vehicle).

This is a more complicated decision than your original post might suggest. Please give us more details and we will help as best we can.