View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #2
Queeniereads

Being a fairly new owner of a TM, I can only speak to a few of your quetions. We were surprised when a non-Tm dealer told us all negatives about TMs and Hi-Lo also. THat happened in PA. We had a great dealer in MA and have been very, very pleased with the TM 3124KS -- we did not need the extra beds. We like the ease of opening and closing while being able to tow something low-profile.

We bought a good cover (from the dealer) and will leave it covered and out back all winter. We do not cover it now. Do not tarp it -- it needs to breathe.

You can go to trailmanor.com and should be able to find dealers. Also, asking on this forum is a good first step. Everyone is quite helpful.

Regarding the weight -- you are too close, I think. You will add 500 pounds minimum if you put clo9thes, foods, and bedidng, etc. in the camper. Also, you need to consider wheelbase, etc. Maybe someone can help with the formula for safety. Do not ignore the length, etc.

According to all that I have followed on here, the resale value is quite good. Someone observed on either her or RV-Net that the depreciation of any motor home or TT or camper is dramatic as you leave the lot. THus, you might consider buying a gently used TM (three years old or younger, perhaps). Our dealer had several that would have been worthy candidates had we not wanted a new one. Keep hunting -- I think you will find it worthwhile. THey are well put together and safe. I will let someone else answer the rest. Hope you find the right one for you and your family! Queeniereads aka Judi