View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 05:18 AM   #23
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
It's just a distinction that is valid.
Not to be argumentative, but I don't understand the value of this distinction. You followed it up by saying "The "Towed weight" effects only the work that has to be done." Really? Does that mean that the tow vehicle doesn't have to do the work of starting, stopping, hill climbing, etc? Of course not. But if I am a newbie, and don't quite understand what is going on, and people keep asking me about the weight of my trailer, and the ability of my tow vehicle to handle that weight, what is my conclusion? My first conclusion is that a lighter trailer is better. And that leads me to think that if I can lighten my trailer by, for example, moving some weight around, that is a good thing. If I can reduce my 3800-pound trailer to 3300 pounds, as shown and confirmed by a real scale, I have improved things.

I agree that GCWR is a most important spec - but how many times do people sit around the campfire talking about GCWR, as opposed to the never-ending talk about weight? I think that by making this "valid distinction", you are setting new owners up for problems.

'Nuff. Either I've made my point, or I haven't.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote