View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 02:20 PM   #6
Rob Culver

Hi again Bill,
I think you responded to my message in which I referenced a Walmart hitch even though I'm not able to see that message myself yet because the moderator needs to approve it. Excellent tip on going to the Walmart Camping section!

Just as you described Walmart had many non adjustable hitches of various drops in the $30-40 dollar range. I bought a Steel Tow5 from Uriah products there for $78. I haven't started to play with it yet but it has a 2 inch and 2 5/16th inch balls and it's adjustable 5 inches up or down. The 2 inch has 7500 pounds of towing capacity. I haven't started to try and install it on the frontier yet but it certainly seems like it should work.

I think that I built this entire hitch project in to a bigger deal than it deserved but you don't know what you don't know and this is my first trailer. $78 isn't a big deal and so if it turns out I could benefit by a weight distribution hitch later then I haven't lost much. But this Tow5 should be good enough to get my trailer home at least I would think.

Thank you so much for your gracious responses to my dumb questions! But I'll get there lol. By the way, I just noticed that you had a 2020 2720QS and I'll be picking up a 2023 2720QS. So now you've set yourself up for even further questions! lol. Thanks again!
Rob Culver is offline   Reply With Quote