View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 04:36 PM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Satellite - apologies

[quote author=Bill link=board=7;threadid=1150;start=msg9123#msg9123 date=1063482649]You should be able to use your satellite system through the TM's Winegard TV panel (the small white plastic panel beside the refrig). The Winegard web site is a bit vague, but seems to confirm this. Hook your satellite dish to the "Cable" connection on the outside of the TM, hook your satellite set-top box to the "TV" output, turn OFF the power switch at the Winegard panel, and away you go - I think. For the detail-oriented among you, the following picture should explain what's going on. [/quote]

My apologies to those who took the time to read my post on this topic. I opened my TM today and checked, and despite my reading of the Winegard web site and my own experience, the Winegard panel does NOT appear to have a DC connection from either of the outputs, through the splitter, to the cable input. That means that if your satellite dish has a built-in amplifier, and if your set-top box provides power for this amplifier via the coax cable, then it won't work in the connection arrangement I described.

No excuses, I jumped the gun on this one, shouldn't have posted before I got the TM open and double-checked it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote