View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
PUPTENT

Wayne:

Sorry I missed you at the rally, but I got there late and the two models I wanted to see were the two Custom RV brought.

1. We are just the two of us - so the Mini is appealing for that purpose, as well as towability, and the ability to be set up in front of a garage wall, because it opens forward only. A 2720 for us might mean storing off site because of the need for four feet behind and in front of it to open up at home.

2. The Elkmont gives my wife a regular bed and not one needing climbing into - she is a very active person, but looking forward 10 years or so . . .

3. The bunk model will be excellent for families or grandkids - even though we have six grandkids we camp alone - they are way too busy to even get out camping with their family, except for Scout activities.

4. The frontal area while towing is my only concern, and maybe not a real concern. I'll keep pecking people's brains on that one.

5. Sofa or dinette - I'm 60/40, favoring a dinette, but the sofa setup is doable for us.

6. One of the advantages, to me, of the Elkmont is that it has a regular flush toilet and holding tank and not the recirculating kind. I asked the factory if the flush could be an option on the other TMs and they said NO.

PUPTENT