View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
pauloh

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Don't they sell just the plastic cover separately? I could swear that I've seen them at Camping World.

I believe that ours were the clamp-in type (it's been a while). I'm a little afraid of really strong adhesives, if you need to take it of for some reason, will you be able to? Are the risers in good shape? If not then I'd think about replacing them, just in case.
Yes, I think you can buy just the vent cover (I did get one for the FantasticFan under their lifetime warranty, being more durable than the Ventline it suffered only slight damage), but in our case the hail came through the Ventline cover and destroyed the screen below so I need the complete replacement.

I've read elsewhere here that the 3M 4200 is only "semipermanent" vs. the 5200 which is quite permanent. The risers are in very good shape (still covered with old caulk in my photos, now cleaned up), they're made of some kind of resin that looks like wood, no rot at all. I was planning to use regular silicone caulk to seal the vent to the risers, along with screws into the risers through the caulk below. Maybe the Eternabond would be overkill but I have some on hand.
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese 49586-020 Trunnion WDH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pauloh is offline   Reply With Quote