View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
Windbreaker

Default Re:RV Clubs and directories...

I go with Good Sam's also, 24 years worth. However I don't rely on their park guides, I use it but I also use others. In Texas there is a free guide called TACO. Great results with them, we've found many wonderfull out of the way camps in off the main road places.

Don't forget state park guides issued by each state. In Texas some have full hookups, some have camping but no hook ups. Utah has great parks, some with hookups, some not, Ark. same.

A few National parks have hookups, all have camping. Your taxes pay for these services, use the net and find them.

Also see if you can find the camping for free websites, there are too many to list. VFW, city or county parks have low rate camping. (less than $10) in most cases often with full hook ups.

There is a new guide out called "Best Campgrouonds in the US" Of the ones listed that I have used they are right, they are the best, but full hookups are not required for their listings. Also of the private ones listed they are often a little more costly that others in the area, what else would you expect for the best.

However! Sometimes the best delights and often good stories (good or bad) come from just finding one on a back road.