View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 08:10 AM   #3
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Split thread from Electrical area

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegascon1 View Post
I just purchased a, new to me, 2007 3124....My next topic is solar. I am pretty sure I want to add solar to the trailer. I dont have any experience in this. I have read so many articles on it and threads on the site that I am dizzy with info.

I am thinking of this kit. https://www.renogy.com/new-400-watt-...r-premium-kit/ I didn't really want to spend that much but I believe there is a lot of bang for the buck for that. I bonus of going the kit route is that it is all there. I don't need to piece something together. If someone wants to help me do that, I am all for it. Especially if I can save some money but I need a complete shopping list to do so.
Don't buy that kit, because it includes the "Rover" MPPT Controller. The maximum PV Voltage is probably quite low (they don't even show specifications), and reviews say that it's extremely hard to program. The Renogy panels are pretty good (although some cheaper ones can be had from EBay). Please start a new Thread within "Solar Power", and I'll assist you in creating a shopping list.