View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default One week "dry" with 2417

Did an 8-night trip dry camping with our 2417. We have the 40-gallon fresh-water tank, and it was just enough. We took 3 showers each (2 of us), and never re-filled the tank.

But, we did find that the grey-water tank only holds 8 gallons, not 13 gallons as the specs indicate. I was taking my shower, and started having water stop draining. Emptied grey water into bucket so I could measure, and got 8 gallons out. Hmmm! May have to check into that!

We moved three times, so the battery only had to sustain us for 4 days without charge. Never seemed to go low. I have put LED bulbs in, so that helps. Ran the heater two nights, and a couple of mornings, and that didn't seem to drain it too much.

Refrigerator kept everything between 27° and 32°, even on a medium setting. Outside temps were in high-70s during the day, so it may be different if it is 90° outside.

This was our first trip of more than one night with the TM. We love it! Showers, hot water, indoor toilet - coming from a canvas popup with none of the above, we were in heaven!

Very glad we got this size, as we go on Forest Service roads for most of our trips. Did some 4-wheeling into our Wyoming campsite (GPS took us on the "most-direct" route, instead of on the "best road" - hence, we ended up on a 4wd trail for 3 miles.) This will be fine for off-road use.

TV (as shown in profile) is a 3.0 liter diesel Grand Cherokee. Normally get about 23 mpg on the highway, but got 15.5 for the full trip. Went up all hills (there were some doozies!) with no problem. Love that Jeep!

Great trip. I will post pics of the area when I have some time.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote