View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
lnussbau

Regarding the TV antenna- The cable inside the roof makes a VERY tight turn to attach to the antenna. Unfortunately, on ours, it caused a short that blew the fuse every time we turned on the amplifier. This was fresh from the showroom floor. The dealer (The Car Show) DID fix it for us, however.

So it's possible, assuming that you had, in fact, raised the antenna and turned it around and around to get the best reception, that you have a poor connection in there somewhere -- it's also possible that the coax cable you connected from the amp outlet to the TV might not be good; I've seen both kinds of problems (not in my 2720) at various times.

So far, I've not seen any leaks in my TM.

I, too, have had occasion when something didn't quite fit right in a camping site, apparently due to "torquing" the trailer, since it fit properly at home both before and after. When leveling the trailer, after the jacks touch ground, you need to be sure that both jacks on the same side get raised by the same number of turns -- I've found that it's more precise (for me, at least) to do this with the factory supplied hand crank than with the electric drill.