View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 01:30 PM   #18
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Having just returned from a wonderful 5-1/2 week trip I discovered that I do have a soft spot (soft enough to make me nervous!) at the rear of the tub just before you get to the rise that accommodates the converter.

So I think I will be pulling the converter out to try to access that particular spot. I'm going to install my tank flusher in the poor man's sealand too - I think I'll look at running the tubing through the tub surround next to the fan and down through the floor there, so I will be pulling that little screened box from under the P-trap again. While I'm there, I'll do some reinforcing of the floor around the drain. Mine is pretty good, but there is some flex that i may as well eliminate while I'm under there.

I think I'll place a lit flashlight face-down in the tub over the soft spot at the rear to give me a better idea of where it is, and the best angle to access it. I have lots of that stiff packing styrofoam at home, so I think I will try to use that rather than the expanding stuff. Easier to remove if I ever have to get at anything that it might block.

I am also in the beginning stages of my shower mod (thanks for the post SirDrake!). Already had the Oxygenics shower head, and have the new curtains ready to go in. But I want to address the floor issue first.

Haven't pulled the converter in this one yet. Anything I should be aware of before I dive in? Bill? You did it.