View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 10:36 AM   #16
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
...the trailer wants to roll back or forward depending on the way it's applied. That "rolling" torque was putting pressure on the retaining latch and keeping us from freeing it from the ball.....No matter how much grease we used!
This is a very good point. We have this kind of trouble all the time in our sloped driveway. To make matters worse, our TV is often not straight line with the trailer, so even if I chock up the trailer wheels and drive forwards, it will still not release because the TV is actually moving off to once side because of the parking angle.

I'll have to keep in mind your trick of removing the hitch pin and pull away leaving the ball in the hitch. BUT, a word of WARNING: If your trailer is significantly higher and actually lifting the rear or your TV, when the hitch finally comes out from the receiver, I don't know what kind of damage could be done when the rear finally drops down to the resting height. I would make sure the tongue jack is adjusted so that it is JUST taking the weight of the trailer, but not raising it. Then you should be able to safely pull forwards.

Other than that, if you chock the trailer wheels and pull forwards a little, the tongue should be able to lift away from the ball easily.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote