View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb $100 - $200 Device for charging TM Batteries from TV *AND* Solar

Recent EBay prices for new units, from USA sellers, range from $190 to $260:
http://www.ctek.com/au/en/chargers/D250S%20DUAL
- - - -
Update 2/28/16: My own gently used unit is now for sale, $100, because I found a "slightly better" way to use my existing MPPT instead - and my new way allows easier switching between High-power Solar (330W max) and High-Power Bargman usage (at somewhat less power). I pay shipping.
- - - -
Maximum Output is 20A. It includes an MPPT charger (for low-voltage Solar, less than 24V) and claims to automatically uses both Solar and the Bargeman Supply from the TV to charge your batteries. If Solar is adequate for the current charging mode which it is using, it will use Solar alone. But in night time, or you don't have Solar at all - then it will run entirely from the Bargeman Connector. When running from the TV, TV Voltage is boosted for "Bulk" and "Absorb" charging stages. (I'm labelling the above-80% fixed Voltage Stage as "Absorb"). If your TV "float voltage" is really low, like the voltage supplied by my Toyota 4Runner - it might even do a small amount of voltage boost within "Float" mode. When you run the Fridge on the road, using 12VDC, "Float" stage will not be maintained when the Fridge power switches on - the draw will pull the battery voltage back down, and invoke restart of "Absorb". This device will pull all the current which the Fridge needs - and provide up to 6A "extra" for the batteries as well.

It's $100 - $150 less money than the competing Redarc, found by "ShrimpBurrito" in his research a few years ago: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10587. But the Redarc doesn't have any simultaneous Solar capability - this appears to be a more complete product, using multiple sources at the same time.